Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Amazing Soloist...ME!

"Well LA DEE FRICKIN' DA! We got a musician in the house!" That's what Matt Foley [The motivational speaker] would say to me if he heard about my Hey Jude solos at the 8th grade MS Christmas concert. Which were brilliant, might I add. Our band director really does challenge our bands, but I'm glad because he's taught me so much about music. But don't get the wrong idea here, I'm not "in love" with my director. In case you haven't heard, my director is a little... different. [Not that there's anything wrong with that, not at all] Examples:

  • He gets regular perms, but is in his fifties
  • We have visual proof that he owns pink hair curlers in his desk
  • He and his wife "W" have been spotted several times [by me on my way home from school] jogging in matching yellow spandex jumpsuits. They could secretly be crime-fighting superheros for all I know
  • He's involved in some different form of karate/self-defence, wearing [again] black spandex Capris, with his curly, bushy white hair pulled back with a hairband

If that's not enough for you, TOO BAD. I'm sure there's more, but unfortunately I have secured my brain in it's box for tonight. So on a happy note: Get offa' your computer chair, go buy some pink hair curlers or some spandex and wear them to work tomorrow, in loyal representation of him. That is all I ask from you people.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in an awesome house, I'm in 8th grade at a small town middle school, I love watching our small town Varsity basketball games, football games, and hockey games, AND I want to pursue my life in the path of music, whether that's directing, playing, singing, or teaching.